Boo Is Missing! Boo Is Missing!

I like these kind of games, but please fix the wall jumping. When jumping upwards the character immediately slows down and sticks to the wall. Either lower the wallfriction when the character is moving upwards or remove the stickyness completely while moving upwards.
It would also be nice if some enemies could actually be shot.
Overall I liked it, even if it was a bit short.

mccolgst responds:

Thanks for that feedback! I'll try to get the wall jumping to feel better

Znake Znake

The idea is good, but it feels very unfinished. This is more of a tech demo.
I know it's a bit rushed, but it at least could have used a score screen at the end.
If this input is going to be used in a bigger game someday I suggest having the pickups spawn a minimum distance away from any part of the snake.
Anyway, happy birthday and good luck with your bigger project.

Color Switch: Challenges Color Switch: Challenges

Fun game.
Now this is a game I might actually play on my smartphone.

PixelBob+ PixelBob+

Kinda fun, the idea of passing those random obstacles in each level is nice.
But did you seriously just ask the guy below if he found any bugs? Lol.
Sometimes when the character dies it freaks out. It bounces all over the place.
I first completed the main game and went through the credits. After that I played the 'expansion pack' (which is waaay too easy btw) and now I'm stuck on a white screen with the character still in it.
Fast movement and hitdetection on small objects is always hard to pull off, but in this game the fast movement and weird bouncyness does make it kinda fun.
The music is nice, but it just stopped on this white screen. Does it not loop? Might just be the buggy white screen tbh.
Try to make the expansion pack longer and better. And maybe add another boss, preferably not a timed survival boss like the first one.

TheSecretPenguin responds:

Thank you for your review. The white screen is a testing one and if its shown then there is a bug. I'll see if I can fix it.

Falice Falice

Okay for a first game, but lots of room for improvement.
The first thing that is annoying me is doing it while I'm typing this review. It's the music loop.
I know the game isn't very long but the music loop is a few seconds long, nobody can play this game very long without going crazy.
Something that would improve the game a lot is some animation. When the spikes hit the floor they just disappear. Make them splatter.
The controls seem fine and responsive, even though it's just moving left and right.
A problem with the gameplay is the large amount of spikes, this makes the player too dependent on luck. I know that making it random makes the game more interesting, but so far it's all random spikes with a point drop. A bunch of powerups inbetween those spikes and maybe some health drops would allow you to make the score treshold bigger and makes the game a lot more fun.
The game is very short, some levels (higher level means faster spikes, or some other hazards) and an arcade mode where you try to get a highscore would really spice this game up.

Like you say in the game over screen, no one is perfect, but experience goes a long way. Don't stop making games if this gets blammed, just keep improving and keep trying.

Also, not to brag or anything, but I totally beat your game.

JayClarkus responds:

Thank you so much for the critique. I've never written so many notes before in my life. I'll be taking all of this into consideration for every game I make from this point on (specifically the animation part, I'm pretty sure the lack of the animation is what killed this game.)

Save To Kill Save To Kill

Very nice.
This game really has that 'arcady' feel to it. Nice graphics, nice music, great gameplay. At first I thought this would become an impossible bullethell since the character moves so fast, but the enemy attacks and the player attacks make it well balanced.
I absolutely loved how the attacks could be used for defense, this makes it unique.
I did notice lag spikes when there are a lot of gems on the screen, it's a bit annoying to get hit because of the lag right after using the special attack. I also wish the game was a bit longer.
Overall great game, I hope to see more games like this.

Hank Hill Jump 2 v1.1 Hank Hill Jump 2 v1.1

Allright, this time it's passable.
The graphics seem to be better, and the number of platforms makes things a bit more fair. The music quality is still way off, try to find that setting.
I like how each character has different objects in the game. That's a nice touch.
It would be nice if the game could be started with the keyboard (space?), so you don't have to quickly switch between the mouse and keyboard. Using the wasd/zqsd keys on top of the arrow keys would also help since you could use your right hand to press start and play with the left hand.
I found a bug where you would end up on top of the screen if you stand still on a platform that drops beneath the screen. Somehow the character teleports to the top together with the platform.
Sometimes the player won't jump after landing on a platform. The jump sound also plays when pressing jump in the air, the sound should only play if a jump is possible.
Overall it's a lot better then the first one but try to fix some bugs and the music quality.

Hank Hill Jump Hank Hill Jump

This game feels far from finished.
It's overly luckbased considering platforms can be out of reach, the big rock even destroys platforms, when pressing start you have to switch from mouse to keyboard,the music loop is way to short and there are no animations. The music itself would be okay if it didn't have such low sound quality. This it needs a lot more to be a full game.
You can also add music from newgrounds to the credits when uploading a game so people can easily find the music by clicking the link. (/audio/listen/546858 on the audioportal)
When adding music to a flash, check that it has proper quality. I'm not sure what you made this with but there are probably options for the sound quality when you add it as a resource.

Trippy Nathan Trippy Nathan

Meh, a bit short. Wish it didn't stop at the item selection screen.
Also, you must watch a lot of south park.

Harry Propane Harry Propane

This game is definitely a lot of fun, but there are some flaws.
First of all, the automatic checkpoints. At some point I went in a fight and the checkpoint saved right before I died. Because of this I had to move backwards when the checkpoint loaded so I didn't get insta-killed and then I had to play with a single hitpoint. This level happened to have little health, so that was problematic. Maybe it is better to have some sort of checkpoint that can be activated by using it. I also didn't see a way to reset the level, only load the checkpoint.
A big flaw was the ending, or lack thereof. I walked through a corridor and the credits roll... That was very anti-climactic.
Overall the game was great, the graphics where great and the story seemed compelling, although the sudden ending was a bit weak storywise.
The locations where also awesome: cities, underwaterbases, moonbases... Those are always nice locations for an action game.
This game really does have a lot of potential.